Friday, May 21, 2010

garage sale find

Last Saturday, sweet Bethany and I got up at dawn and braved the on again, off again rain to hit up Shreveport's finest garage sales!  I've been wanting to do this for years but didn't figure it was the kind of outing for 3 small children and probably an unenthusiastic husband!  This was such a fun activity to do with a girlfriend and we made a morning of it!  At our 3rd stop, we went to an estate sale and the first thing we saw when stepping through the door was this fabulous Pottery Barn coffee table.  It was half off and a steal of a deal!  The coffee table we moved with broke last summer and our replacement was an old trunk that I kinda stole (with permission) from my parents' house.  It did the trick and I was fine with it but then Sam broke the top off.  When I saw this beauty I knew I had to have it!  With Bethany's encouragement (and extra cash!) we made the purchase quickly as someone else was very interested in it.  After removing 3 car seats, putting the seats down, and working around some other small purchases, we had it in my Yukon!  We spent all our cash so we made an ATM stop, a Chick Fil A run and kept on for another 4 hours!  Thanks Bethany for a fun experience and thanks to both our husbands for watching our kiddos while we did some economy shopping (of course they were then allowed to go play golf the next afternoon!).  Looking forward to next pay day and our next adventure...

2 comments:

Rendi said...

If you find another one...I need it! :) Great find!

Candace said...

PS- great new blog look and I love the pic of the trio!