Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2008 where are you?

Next month, Haley graduates from preschool!  As there is a ceremony and all, I am to furnish 5 pictures for a slideshow presentation.  I pulled the box 'o photos down from my closet shelf and begin sorting through the stacks to find Haley only photos from birth to present.  As I finished, I realized, I do not have a single picture from the year 2008!!  What?!  I know I took pictures because I have them on my computer.  See here for evidence:


Did I simply forget to order hardcopies or did I order them and misplace them?  Either option is viable...there is no telling but I'm hoping a 2008 picture of Haley makes its way to my kitchen table by next week so that I can get it to daycare and we can document that year in the slideshow!
As a sidenote, looking through old pictures always makes me a bit sentimental and weepy.  I can't remember where I place things but I can remember rather vividly each moment captured in the pictures.  Even though I have normal 4 1/2 year old girls, seeing their 1 pound frames surround by tubes, wires and all the other accessories that accompany a NICU stay pierces my heart.  However, through the beauty of photos, I can see God's healing power and the transformation of those 1 pound micropreemies into 5 pound darlings dressed in their first Christmas dresses ready to head home after a long 4 months and 3 days.  Then they're one, then they're 18 months, then there is a baby brother making his way into the world!  A beatiful story those pictures show and so it goes on and on. 
It was 5 years ago this week that we saw those two little spots on an ultrasound and our lives have been completely transformed since then.  Days are hard and the struggles are many, but in 5 more years, I'll look back on the photos of 2010 and only see the blessings of life and all the joy with two 4 1/2 year olds and a 3 year old!

1 comment:

Candace said...

For definite sure, friend!

And I want to see this slideshow...