Thursday, April 8, 2010

a post Easter goose egg

I had my camera at work yesterday...I tend to upload pics, blog and facebook during my lunch break.  I left quickly to beat the rain storm (I get real irritated when I have to haul 3 children from daycare to the car in a monsoon) and left my camera in my office but I wasn't too concered as we were headed to church and didn't anticipate needing to document anything.  Dang, I was wrong!
I picked Sam up first and in his excitment to see his sisters, he took off running down the hallway.  I called to him to stop and no sooner had the words exited my lips, he ran full force into the cement wall!  He landed flat on his back with one of those cries that breaks a mother's heart.  I scooped him up with tears in my eyes and the blue knot had already begun to form on his little forhead.  His teacher was just steps behind me and took him to put ice on it while I went to retrieve the girls.  Here's where my camera come into play.  I wish you could see the size of that goose egg potruding from his head!!  After a few minutes with an ice pack, he was fine.  I used the opportunity to talk about why we don't run at school, church or inside the house.  They listened to me for about 5 minutes then proceeded to run up and down the hallways at church!
I'll try to get a shot of it tonight but even this morning it was looking much better!

p.s. - my mom told me that my grandfather fell and has a black eye and stiches above his eyebrow...must be something about those Sams...Samuel Jasper (aka Sambo) and Samuel Scott!

No comments: