Thursday, April 15, 2010

a Wednesday picnic



It has been a beautiful week here in the Port City so I planned a little picnic dinner for us after school/work and before choir/mission friends (the old school name... I think the new millinieum version is Bible Blitz).We put our blanket on the front lawn of the church as this is a part of the campus my children are least familiar with.  The trio dinned on their peanut butter crackers, raisins, cheese and water.  Then Tootsie joined us and read a book to Haley while the other two took off running up and down the steps.  I had almost all of my elementary school class pictures taken on those steps so I enjoyed watching them literally run in the same place where my feet were planted years and years ago.  We capped the glorious afternoon off with chocolate pudding!  Then we headed indoors for the Wednesday evening activities.  It was a great way to spend to some QT with my babies, my mom and my God.
I took some pics of the Sanctuary and had fun with Picassa trying to make them look all artsy.  Here's a collage for the variations I created.

2 comments:

Rendi said...

Your pictures are GREAT! I had a client one time take a picture of the church and frame it for me. It is in our hallway. You should definitely frame one! I may steal your idea for a church lawn picnic in the near future! You are a GREAT momma!

Candace said...

Those ARE great pics, Nora!!!! And what a fun place for a picnic. Perfect. :)