Wednesday, April 7, 2010

there is no denying it...she's my mom!

Last week, a sweet friend invited me and several others to attend an informational meeting for BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) as a new study (Isaiah) is beginning next fall.  I've been looking for a way to get connected to an indepth Bible study and was able to swing a deal with my boss that allows me to attend the day time session.  Anywho, I had been planning on going to this meeting for about a week but hadn't mentioned it to anyone (as in my mom or husband both of whom I speak with daily!) for no other reason than it just didn't come up. I meant to mention it to my mom yesterday as she came over after we got home to help entertain as the power was out.  She helped me with the kids and we even took them on a long walk around the neighborhood...the BSF topic never arose (she has done it in the past and so I intended on asking questions).  So last night I had a dream that mom showed up at the meeting and we were both a little stunned.  Wouldn't you know that totally happened today!!  As I walked into First Baptist Bossier, I ran into Jennifer G. who told me my mom was sitting in the pews and they had a nice little visit.  I almost couldn't get any words out...I know the Shreveport/Bossier area is relatively small and you can bet on running into someone you know most places you go, but this seemed divinely planned!  I am not claiming to be any kind of Daniel filled with prophetic dreams but I do think it speaks to the power of the Holy Spirit and how he helped confirm to me that this study is going be powerful for me and my mom.  It also goes to show, that no matter how much I age, I am still my mama's baby girl (and I think I am stuck with taking care of her when she is old (er) and crazy (ier))!!

2 comments:

Candace said...

That is AMAZING. Can't wait to see what Isaiah holds for all of us!

Rendi said...

That is awesome! You ladies will just have to fill me in! :)